RAIN refers to a personal SAG vehicle as a PSV (personal support vehicle). You do not need a PSV to complete RAIN. If you must use a PSV, please have your driver read and follow the complete instructions that will be posted here by July 1.
The PSV route is designed to keep drivers off of the riders’ route. The PSV route will be posted here when it becomes available. Using different roads, PSVs can safely “leapfrog” riders and have plenty of time to meet up at designated rest stops.
The general rule is, don’t drive on the bike riders’ route off of US-40!
US-40 between US-231 and Plainfield and US-40 east of Greenfield are the ONLY portions of the route that PSV drivers can share with cyclists.
For the safety of riders and to ensure RAIN will be invited back to the host communities we travel through, please note:
• Follow the PSV route, not the riders’ route.
• Obey all directions from local law enforcement and traffic control.
• Never park in the median on US-40 or elsewhere. You will be ticketed.
• Follow signage approaching rest stops to park in designated areas only.
• At rest stops, please follow the detailed maps provided in the PSV guide and signage placed for the event.
• ABSOLUTELY no motor pacing or rider hand ups from PSVs.